No one in my family likes mushrooms except for me, so when I make this dish it lasts me several days. Yummy!
Mushroom & Garlic Bowtie Pasta:
12 oz package Bowtie Pasta (Use whole wheat for a healthy version)
2 T Butter
8 oz (or more) Mushrooms (I used Crimini, but any will work), stemmed and sliced
4 cloves Garlic, minced
3 T Flour
2 C Milk
1 T Dijon Mustard (I used moutarde avec herbs de Provence) see figure 2 - only because I love it.
1/2 t Salt
1 - 15 oz can Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
1 C finely shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook pasta according to package instructions
- In a large pan, melt 1 T of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes until mushrooms begin to soften. Add the garlic and cook another minute, stirring to combine with mushrooms. (see figure 1) Transfer mixture to a bowl. Place the remaining 1 T of butter in the pan and melt over medium-low heat. Stir in the flour to make a roux. Gradually add the milk, the mustard and the salt. Cook, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes until thickened and bubbly. (see figure 3) Stir in mushroom mixture. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta to mushroom mixture. Stir in cannellini beans and 1/2 C of the cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a 2 QT casserole. Put the remaining cheese on the top. Bake, uncovered for 20 minutes, or until heated through.
|Mushroom and Garlic Bowties|