Skip to main content

#Vegan is Feeling Great

I am on day 7 of my vegetarian, mostly vegan, diet and I must say that I feel wonderful.  I am not tired during the day, I am more active and alert, am more productive all day and well into the evening.  It is no mystery that it is the food I have been eating that is the main cause of the upswing in my physical and emotional well being.

I cannot rave enough about this salad.  I prepared it last evening and had it for a late dinner.  When I woke up this morning I was eager to have more.  I had some just a bit ago and it is better the next day, after the flavors of the ingredients and textures combine more thoroughly.  Again, I found this recipe in Cooking Light, as part of the same feature as the roasted carrots in my blog post from last week.  I used all organic ingredients in this and modified it slightly.

The write up of this recipe says "This quick salad is all about the texture, from the meaty olives to the creamy cannellini beans and crunchy radishes. The mild bean makes the salad a great match for nearly any main.".   Foodie Mama could not have said it better herself.  This will definitely make it to an upcoming pot luck....


Radish, White Bean and Olive Salad

Ingredients:

1/2 C thinly sliced radishes 
1/4 C chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 T EVOO
1 T lemon juice
1/4 t Kosher salt
1/4 t pepper
1/4 C salad olives
1 (15 oz) can drained and rinsed cannellini beans

Direction:

Combine all ingredients in medium bowl, stirring to combine.  Store in refrigerator.  

Foodie Mama's Radish and White Bean Salad