Skip to main content

Smoked Trout Spread

We are very fortunate to get a lot of Lake Superior Trout in our area and I try to eat fish as often as I can.  Peterson's Fish Market is the place that provides all the fish to the local restaurants and they also have a retail shop.  Peterson's restaurant (a seasonal place - open Spring through Fall) was featured on a Food Network episode of Man Vs Food, which is so cool! 

For Christmas Eve, I got 3 lbs of smoked trout.  It was delicious. 

I used the remaining trout, about 1 lb, to make a spread to take to our friends' house for a New year's Eve gathering.  I brought my new Karaoke machine, sang a little Steely Dan, had a nice time talking with friends and had some yummy snacks.  Was a peaceful and enjoyable way to ring in 2019.

This is very easy.  You can substitute whitefish or another mild fish.  It is an easy item to take to a party.  Also, this would probably be great if I added some dried cranberries.  Next time.


Lake Superior Smoked Trout Spread

Ingredients:
1 lb Smoke Trout, flaked
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3 T sour cream
2 T mayonnaise
3 t lemon juice
1T prepared cocktail sauce
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t onion powder
1/2 t black pepper
dash kosher salt

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and chill before serving.   Serve on bread or crackers.