Skip to main content

More and More Comfort Food for the Frigid Winter Days of 2014

Man, I feel so bad for all the people who have to work outside in the elements this Winter.  It has been so cold here.  We broke the record of consecutive days below freezing last week.  And while there were 2 days in the 30's we are now right back down hovering at zero +/- 5 degrees.  I feel fortunate to be able to work from my home office.  Tonight feels like a slow cooker night.  I don't even want to go to the store so am using what I have in the house.

I had some frozen stew meat in the freezer and some egg noodles in the cupboard so I decided that Beef Stroganoff is a perfect option.

I make mine with dill weed, mustard and a bit of sour cream.  It is soooo good and will be so warm this evening when Ron gets home from work and Will from school.



Slow Cooker Beefy Stroganoff

Ingredients:
 2 lb stew meat (or other lean cut of beef, cut in 1" pieces)
3/4 c beef broth
2 T prepared mustard
2 t dill weed
1 T minced onion
salt and pepper
1/4 c flour
1/2 c sour cream
Wide egg noodles

Directions:
 In a pot, brown the beef
Add salt, pepper, onion, dill weed and flour.  Stir until coated and cook for 2-3 mins
Add the broth and bring to boil
Transfer mixture to slow cooker
Add prepared mustard and mix well
Cook on high for 1 hour, reducing to low, cooking for 5-8 hours
Before serving, fold in sour cream
Serve over cooked egg noodles (per packaging instructions)

Enjoy and please try to stay warm, foodists!!


View from my Office Window