Skip to main content

Roasted Rainbow Carrots - Foodie Mama as Temporary Vegan

I have been feeling my age recently.  Well, maybe a more accurate statement is:  I have been feeling my health lately.  Too much of a good thing, which in my case is carbs and desserts, as we all know so well, is not good.

A good few weeks of clean eating is really necessary after this long winter and I have been giving it a pretty good go.  Today I made the most delicious roasted rainbow carrots which I found in Cooking Light Magazine (March 2018 issue) which I modified slightly.

The toasted pine nuts with the smoky multi-colored/multi-flavored carrots created a delicious flavor combination.  The high temperature confused me at first but the heat nicely charred the carrots and then the reduced temp ensured they were soft to the bite.  This dish would be a great side with any main dish of meat, poultry or fish.  Today I ate it standalone.


Roasted Carrots with Pine Nuts

Ingredients:

  • 1T EVOO
  • 1/4 t Kosher Salt
  • 1/4 t pepper
  • 1 lb carrots, sliced in half
  • 2 T chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 2 T pine nuts
  • 2 t red wine vinegar


Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
  • Place carrots on baking sheet, drizzle with the Olive oil and add salt and pepper.  Toss in pan to cover the carrot with the oil.
  • Bake at 450 for 20 minutes, turning the carrots after 10 minutes.
  • While carrots are in oven, toast pine nuts over med low heat in a dry non-stick pan until golden and fragrant (about 10-12 minutes)
  • Remove carrots from oven after 20 mins, reduce heat to 325 degrees F and return to oven, cooking for an additional 10 minutes.
  • Combine the pine nuts, parsley an red wine vinegar and add to carrots and toss.

Roasted Rainbow Carrots with Toasted Pine Nuts