Skip to main content

Chicken Parmesean

Will started college at Michigan Tech this week; he's going to study Finance.  We are proud of him.  I also went there and received three degrees:  AAS in Electrical Engineering Technology, BS in Electrical Engineering and an MS in Business. Still to this day and after 21 years on the job, getting my BS in EE was my most difficult accomplishment.  It was damn hard...

It is Saturday and we are doing some cleaning, purging really, and I decided to make Chicken Parmesan for lunch, it is one of Will's favorites.

I thought that I had blogged the recipe previously, but I guess I hadn't.  So here it is.  The crust on the outside keeps in all the juices.  Fantastic.  I hope you enjoy my version of this popular dish.




Chicken Parmesan

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 C all purpose flour
2 eggs
2/3 C Italian style fine breadcrumbs
1/4 C Parmesan cheese
2 C marinara sauce (plus more for the pasta).  I used my marinara sauce in this blog, but use what you choose!
8 oz fresh mozzarella
1 t basil (dried) or fresh
2 T extra virgin olive oil

  1. Pre heat oven to 425 degrees F
  2. Slice chicken breasts lengthwise to make two halves.  You may also cut those in half as well to make smaller servings.  Place the chicken flat into a zip-lock bag and pound the pieces to about 1/2 inch.  Set aside
  3. Prepare three shallow bowls:  1 with the flour, 1 with the eggs, beaten, and 1 with the breadcrumbs, combined with the Parmesan cheese. (see figure 1)
  4. To prepare the chicken, dredge in the flour, then coat with eggs, then coat with the breadcrumbs and cheese mixture.  Set aside and let rest for 15 mins
  5.  Heat 2T of evoo in a frying pan over medium high heat.  Cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side to create a nice crust.  See figure 2.
  6. Place the chicken In a shallow baking dish.  Spoon 1/3 C of sauce over each piece of chicken, then top with a slice of fresh mozzarella, then sprinkle with basil,and finally, drizzle with evoo.  See figure 3
  7. Cook in pre heated oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until cheese is brown and bubbly.  See figure 4
  8. Serve with pasta of choice, using remaining sauce, or adding additional, as desired.