Skip to main content

Annie's Bridal Shower

Annie's Bridal Shower


Our oldest daughter is getting married this summer.  Her bridal shower was on Sunday at our home.  There were about 25 women here and we all had a very nice time.  I prepared a lot of good food and had to time it precisely.  Several others helped me too.  My mom, Ruth, Rachel.  Rachel was the hostess.  She did the games and all the coordinating.

The main dish was quiche.  I made five.  Two spinach and feta, one ham and swiss, one bacon and cheddar and one broccoli and cheese.  

We had a cold broccoli salad and a pasta salad also - those were my Mom's and I don't have the recipe.  But will get it. 

Here is the generic quiche recipe - add the ingredients I mentioned above.  It all cooks for the same amount of time, gratefully:

Basic Quiche

Ingredients:
 
4 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cups heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust, or frozen, thawed.

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.  Add the other ingredients depending on what you want - see above  (all have to be cooked).   Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Cut into 8 wedges.
Bridal shower fun.  Wedding dress contest.