Skip to main content

It's Mardi Gras! Have some Creamy, Dreamy Cream Puffs



In observance of Mardi Gras, I had to post something slightly sinful.  While these cream puffs taste sinful, they are made without any sugar (unless you add some to the cream) so they are not even too naughty.

Mardi Gras makes me recall visiting New Orleans with my friend Julie about ten years ago.  We had so much fun in the French Quarter; listened to a lot of Jazz, drank a lot of hurricanes and ate great food.  There was a Mardi Gras Party this past weekend at the Miscowaubik club.  The food was fantastic.  Mussels, Shrimp Creole, Jambalaya, Chicken Gumbo, some lovely veggie side dishes, and of course,  pecan pralines for dessert.  Foodie Mama tried to make those a few years ago and it was an epic fail.  I'll try again sometime.

Foodie Mama


Cream Puffs
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow starts Lent.  I'll share some good soup and simple meal recipes during the next 40 days.

Back to the cream puffs.  My sister Sara bought me a great whipped cream dispenser, with chargers and all, for Christmas.  I love it and use it a lot for fun desserts such as this one.

This recipe came from the newspaper and was posted on Facebook after Christmas by a friend who was wanting to get rid of come eggs and flour.  What a great way to do so.  I used regular flour but will try gluten free when I make them next time.