Skip to main content

Sole with Soul - Fab Foodie Mama is Eating Clean

I have blogged quite a bit in 2018 so far.  I don't create a post unless I have something to say or something to share that I think others may enjoy.  But gladly, I have been cooking quite a bit and have been adventurous in my cooking (and eating), therefore, I have been much more prolific recently.

I hope you are enjoying these easy and delicious recipes.  What you will see here is another meal from Sun Basket, titled:  Sole with Green Harissa and Warm Carrot-Celery Salad.  It was a very nice combination of flavors,  from the spicy harissa to the sweet currants in the warm carrot and celery salad.  I can tell when I am eating clean;  I have energy after eating instead of feeling bogged down.  This is another keeper.  I'd like to make again with trout or walleye, some of the great fish options native to Lake Superior.  The harissa sauce is common in North African cooking and is a chili pepper condiment that can be used on almost everything.  It is made from cayenne, parsley, cilantro and olive oil.  It reminded me of the Pebre that we had in Chile.

I hope you enjoy the Fabulous dish, followers!


 Sole with Green Harissa and Warm Carrot-Celery Salad (serves 2)

Ingredients:

2 T Dried Currants
1/2 C Organic Baby Rainbow Carrots
1 Organic Celery Stalk
3 oz Castelvetrano Olives
16 Roasted Almonds
2 Fillets of Sole (you can substitute halibut or even scallops)

Directions:

  1.  Prep and Cook the Carrot-Celery Salad - In a small bowl, cover the currents the hot tap water to plump them, about 5 minutes.  Drain.  Trim carrots, cut lengthwise in half.  Trim ends of celery and cut on diagonal into 1/2 inch pieces.  Cut the olives in half.  Coarsely chop almonds and set aside.  In a large pan, heat 1 T olive oil over medium heat.  Add carrots and season with salt and pepper.  Cook about 3 minutes.  Add the celery to the pan and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.  Add 2 TB water, cover and cook until vegetables are just tender, about 3 minutes.  Stir in the currants and olives and cook until warmed through, just one minute.  Transfer to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
  2.  Prep and Cook the Sole - In the same pas as used for the salad, warn 1 T of olive oil over M-H heat.  Add the fish and cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
  3. Plate and Serve - Transfer the sole and the  salad to a plate.  Drizzle the sole with the harissa (to taste) and sprinkle the almond pieces on the salad.

Sole and Carrot-Celery Salad with Harissa