Skip to main content

Veramonte Sauvignon Blanc Reserva

The Veramonte winery is located in the Casablanca Valley of Central Chile, which I had the great fortune to visit in December.

Chilean wine is exceptional; I don't think enough people in the US appreciate the fantastic wines that Chile produces and exports.  Ron and I have tried many varieties since returning back from our trip there, but my favorite, hands down, is the Sauvignon Blanc Reserva.  It's flavor is very crisp, tart, and also very powerful. 

It tastes of lemon, peach and a hint of tropical fruit.  This wine is fermented in stainless steel, not oak, which I thought was quite interesting.  They claim that is what retains its flavors and aromas of the fruits.

It is lovely with salads, seafoods and sushi!  And for under $9.00 a bottle an exceptional buy. 

Veramonte Sauvignon Blanc Reserva