Skip to main content

Compelled to join the Meal Box Craze

My daughter Rachel invited me over to her apartment for dinner last evening.  She lives in one of our apartment buildings and also is the manager of our party store, the Shottle Bop.

Rachel has become a good chef in her own right.  She has a very good knack for whipping things up with or without a recipe.  She has also been into the Food Box frenzy that is all the rage now.  The concept is great:  all the meals come to you, all fresh, with all ingredients included.  The downside, for me at least, is that it is hard to know when I will be able to make a meal in the evenings given my schedule, and also the fact that Ron and Will are terribly picky eaters.  I think I may be ready to give it a go, however.  Rachel gets the meal for two plan so she eats it twice or has a friend (or her mama) over for dinner.

She made Beef Wellington from her box from 'Plated'.  Although I have been trying to eat meatless, I had to try it; beef wellington is one of my favorite special dishes.  I must say, it was delicious!  The puff pastry and the savory meat were very nice and the yummy raspberry vinaigrette dressing on the greens was made with preserves.  I have included that recipe here as I plan to do this all the time.  I made it today for my lunch too.

Thanks for dinner, Rachel! xxoo - Foodie Mama.

Annie, Foodie Mama and Chef Rachel

Beef Wellington (from 'Plated') and Greens with Raspberry Preserve Vinaigrette


Raspberry Preserves Vinaigrette

For 2 - 3  servings, combine:  2T raspberry preserves, 2T olive oil, 2T red wine vinegar, 1/4 t kosher salt and 1/4 t pepper.  Serve immediately with your favorite greens.