Skip to main content

Just Crunchin' on My Broccoli, and You?



I cannot believe that I am in my 2nd half century and I have never eaten roasted broccoli.  I have found a new way to love my veggies.  Broccoli is probably one of my least favorite; steamed (bland), raw (tasteless) or loaded with butter (unhealthy and still wilted and ick).

While I have roasted vegetables before (you can see several entries in this blog as such) I have never done so with a result of such a crispy, crunchy texture as this easy and fast recipe for Baby Broccoli with Sunflower Seeds.

Give broccoli another chance and try this recipe, you may just like it.


Baby Broccoli and Sunflower Seeds (serves 2, as a side dish)

Ingredients:
1/2 Lb baby broccoli
1 clove garlic
1 TB sunflower seeds
evoo, salt and pepper

Directions:

  • Pre heat oven to 425 degrees F
  • Wash broccoli and remove any leaves.  Halve any thick pieces lengthwise.
  • Mince garlic
  • Place broccoli on a lightly oiled foil-lined baking sheet.
  • Drizzle with evoo and season with salt and pepper.  Toss to coat.  Place baking sheet in oven and roast for 15 minutes.
  • Remove and add garlic and sunflower seeds, stirring to combine.  Return baking sheet to oven and roast another 5-6 minutes, until broccoli is starting to char and garlic is fragrant.
  • crunch, crunch